HTRB – Final Exam
A. Match the Bible Study Tool with it’s definition:
____ Dictionary A. Has Maps
____ Concordance B. Explains Bible words
____ Encyclopedia C. Discusses Bible texts
____ Atlas D. Has Articles on topics
____ Commentary E. Lists verses using certain words
B. When studying the bible
- It is good to use more than one translation
- Pick one that is literal
- Pick one that is dynamic equivalent
- Pick one that has a cool cover
- Get a free one from the Jehovah’s Witnesses.
C. Narratives are
- Just stories
- Allegories with secret meanings
- Illustrations from history of biblical truth
- None of the above
D. The Law is
- Completely binding on Christians
- Always instructive for Christians
- Totally binding on non-believers
- Usually informative for non-believers
- Predicts the future
- Gives exact outlines of future history
- Expresses God’s will for us today
- Includes charts.
F. The Psalms help us
- Explain the law of gravity
- Express ourselves to God
- Fall Asleep
- Think about God had his ways.
G. Wisdom Literature is usually
- Hard to understand
- Full of dumb ideas
H. Which of these are Synoptic Gospels?
- “The Passion of the Christ”
I. The book of Acts is
- A biography of Peter and Paul.
- The history of the spread of the Gospel
- A manual for how to run a church
- The place to go to formulate your theology of the Holy Spirit
- A collection of one Act plays.
J. Parables differ from Allegories in that
- “Parable” does not sound like “Al Gore”.
- Allegories usually have one main idea
- Everything means something in an Parable.
- Parables pack a “punch”
K. When reading a Parable
- Look for “points of reference”.
- Look for deeper spiritual meanings.
- Remember the first listeners/readers.
- Remember that they come in “pairs”.
L. Epistles usually begin with
- Who it is from.
- Who it is for
- Pretty letterhead
M. Revelation draws on which of the following
A. Epistle B. Prophecy
C. History D. Gospel
E. Poetry F. Apocalypse
N. Match view of Revelation
___ Preterist A. Revelation is a drama showing spiritual realities
___ Futurist B. Revelation shows the panorama of church history.
___ Spiritual C. Revelation depicts events from 70AD to 135 AD.
___ Historicist D. Revelation is mostly about events yet to occur.
Hey, post your answers! Some have more than one possible answerl. Scintilating essays and sharply worded comments are the most fun to read.
And a final parabolic comment: This is not the final exam that should concern you most.