The HTRB series is done, for now at least. To review those click the HTRB side bar. Now we think something new is due. As we are in the week before Christmas, it seems good to start with Jesus – and specifically as told by John’s gospel.
Let’s start with John 1:1-5 (ESV)
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
 He was in the beginning with God.
 All things were made through him,
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it.
Some things to think about:
1. Genesis 1 is echoed here. Many consider John to be very “Spiritual”, but Genesis 1 is about the origin of the world. What might be the point?
2. Word, in Greek is “logos” a very significant term in ancient philosophy and religion. Why is “word” appropriate for Jesus?
3. Note the time frame – When did the Word begin? When did the World begin? How is the Word related to God & Eternity?
4. What do Light and Life signify? Are they related to Genesis 1 & 2? (“let there be light…let the waters swarm with swarming creatures…and God breathed into his nostril the breath of life…)
5. And for fun, though the Author (Moses) did not know quantum physics – if creation came from sound (God’s words), and both matter and energy are different forms of wave energy, does Genesis correlate with modern science on this point?