Croutons – Week 3 –
Down load Croutons week 3
6. Never be lacking in zeal,
7. But keep your spiritual fervor,
8. Serving the Lord.
9. Be joyful in hope,
10. Patient in affliction,
11. Faithful in prayer.
12. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need.
13. Practice hospitality.
14. Bless those who persecute you;
15. Bless and do not curse.
16. Rejoice with those who rejoice;
17. Mourn with those who mourn.
18. Live in harmony with one another.
19. Do not be proud,
20. But be willing to associate with people of low position.
Biblical poetry (especially in the Old Testament) does not rhyme, but it does use parallelism: ideas are repeated with synonyms or contrasted with antonyms. What examples do you see in #6-20?
- Circle related clusters of ideas (e.g. v. 6-8)
- Write down what idea these clusters advance. (e.g. v. 6-8 are related to enthusiasm.)
- Why are such side by side comparisons helpful?
Who is talked about in these verses?
- List them
- Summarize what it says about them
Thinking of all of these “croutons” think about
- Which you like the most
- Which is hardest to keep