Daily Reading Online resources that you can get to your email inbox every day.
http://www.ourdailyjourney.org/ a regular reading that can be gotten on line, by email or get the book
http://odb.org/ a Daily Reading with a Read through the Bible in a Year plan.
https://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/ several devotional reading plans to choose
https://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/ Several Reading Plans to choose.
http://dailybible.americanbible.org/ Daily Readings with short introduction.
Get the App Top Ten Bible Apps:
https://www.biblegateway.com/app/ I use this one
Yes it seems like a good idea to make a great plan.
Read through the Bible in a year. However, we tend to shipwreck somewhere between Leviticus and Numbers.
I have a plan to read a chapter of the New Testament and a Psalm in my Spanish/English Bible.
Yet I have already fallen off the wagon.
Alas, I have experience with commitment and guilt.
Here is my advice
- Avoid over eager plans.
- Avoid plans with boxes to check off. All those un-checks stare ate your with outstretched fingers of accusation. Who needs it. Just read the next chapter whenever you do get to it.
- The Sabbath is God’s idea, so build in some days without Bible Reading work in it.
- Remember the point is to learn and internalize.
- If you are going to try to read the whole Bible, try a plan that mixes OT and NT and a Psalm each day is nice.
- Reading a genealogy is usually a matter of skimming (but not always as Matthew 1 attests).
- Reading a parable or proverbs requires that you stop reading and think it over.
- You did not fail if you fell a few chapters short; think of what you did read.
- Next year will come soon enough.