We’ve been talking about prayer this season. Here is a page on setting up a basic time for prayer.
Click link for a copy of the worksheet: quiet-time
There are a lot of parts to a prayer life. We can make it complicated, or we can keep it simple. Here is a simple place to start: HELP
HAVE a place and time
ENTER God’s presence.
- Take a moment to relax, take a breath.
- Open with a simple prayer like, “Lord, hear my prayer.”
LISTEN to the word of God
- Listen, don’t just read it with your eyes.
- Listen by reading slowly out loud, more than once.
- Follow a reading plan:
- Following the Lord’s Prayer – “A Model Prayer”
- Responding to today’s reading
- Keep a prayer list.
(Grace: it can be helpful to forgive yourself if you miss a day. It is worth considering an option like taking a walk, listening to gospel music, enjoying a hobby…)